Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Cake Frenzy... and a recipe!

So in the last week less than a week I have made two cakes! I LOVE decorating them and, of course, the smells that come along with baking in my kitchen! YUM-O! Oh and I guess the eating part too. {which I probably should cool it on the eating part... not the most nutritious for this growing little girl inside me}

So please be inspired by these yummy cakes! They are beautiful on the outside and you KNOW you want to eat whats on the inside. Bon Appetit!

See more here... totally worth clicking! I love EVERYTHING about this wedding... not just the cake!

Head on over to stylemepretty 

Come see the original post for this cake here

See more of this wedding here.

And last but certainly not least.... see more here!

And for all of you that are craving cake just as much as I am check out this cream cheese frosting recipe posted by iambaker. (p.s. I love her blog. She's great!)

The BEST Cream Cheese Frosting Ever
1 package cream cheese (8 oz)
1 stick butter (8 tablespoons)
4 cups confectioners sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons imitation vanilla
Okay I have to admit.... when I made this I added an extra 1/2 cup of sugar.... don't judge. But the husband was loving it so it worked for us. I paired it with some oh-so-yummy carrot cake and a maple glaze drizzle over the top.